When a tooth becomes damaged, or should one develop serious oral health issues, then a restoration may be needed. In many cases, we can create and place a custom-made dental crown to return the tooth to optimal appearance, health, and function. How do we create lifelike dental crowns?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Crowns
- True or False: We can address cosmetic and restorative concerns.
- True or False: They look natural.
- True or False: Placement takes only two visits.
- True or False: You can keep them strong.
- True. They will be custom-made and fit over the entirety of the tooth’s visible portion. As a result, we can address myriad of oral health concerns. We can place them to correct broken, chipped, or fractured teeth. We can treat tooth decay and infections, and even anchor a dental bridge in place. They also help address malformed teeth and can even restore a single tooth dental implant.
- True. For front facing teeth, we tend to opt for porcelain, which mimics tooth enamel and can be shaded to match surrounding teeth. For side and rear teeth, which must endure greater bite forces and pressure, we can create a lifelike restoration using either zironcia or porcelain-fused-to-metal.
- True. The first visit involves preparing the tooth, removing a small amount of tooth structure and then taking detailed impressions. In between visits, a dental lab will use the materials we gather to design and create the restoration. When the patient returns for the second visit, we check the fit of the restoration and make any necessary adjustments. We then place the restoration, securing it with a powerful bonding agent.
- True. In order to protect your new restoration, you simply need to practice good oral hygiene: brushing, flossing, and seeing us for routine checkups and cleanings.
Talk To Woodland Hills Dental Arts About Dental Crowns
We can restore your smile with a custom-made crown. Schedule a consultation by calling Woodland Hills Dental Arts in Woodland Hills, CA, today at (818) 347-5124. We also proudly work with patients from Thousand Oaks, Westlake, Encino, Sherman Oaks, and all other surrounding areas.