Do you have a toothache that just won’t stop? Do you experience sensitivity when you eat or drink? These could be signs of trouble! In today’s blog, we’re looking at the link between toothaches and tooth decay, and recommending treatment options for our patients in Woodland Hills, CA.
Try Our Quiz on Toothaches
- True or False: We use advanced technology to examine your smile.
- True or False: Pain and sensitivity could be a sign of decay.
- True or False: We can repair the teeth with restorations.
- True or False: You can take steps to protect your teeth.
- True. We can employ digital x-rays and intraoral cameras to obtain detailed pictures of your oral health. From there, we can uncover the cause of your discomfort and assess the severity. A thorough exam is crucial for recommending the right treatment option for your smile.
- True. A cavity forms when enamel is weakened or eroded, either through injury or possibly poor oral hygiene. Bacteria then reach the inner dentin, causing a cavity to form that will continue to spread throughout the tooth. Patients with a cavity often report tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, as well as a persistent toothache.
- True. In order to treat a cavity, we may recommend a filling. Made from composite resin, the metal free restoration will blend with the smile and stop the decay from spreading. For more serious cases, such as an infected tooth, we may suggest a root canal.
- True. To reduce the risk of cavities forming, be sure you’re brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing every night. We also suggest seeing us every six months for a checkup and cleaning, and cutting back on sugary foods and drinks.
Talk To Woodland Hills Dental Arts About Toothaches
We can help you enjoy a healthy smile, one free of dental cavities. Schedule a consultation by calling Woodland Hills Dental Arts in Woodland Hills, CA, today at (818) 347-5124. We also proudly work with patients from Thousand Oaks, Westlake, Encino, Sherman Oaks, and all other surrounding areas.