Did you know that we can use advanced dental lasers to address a wide array of oral health problems? The BIOLASE® Epic X laser can correct cosmetic and general issues, from stained teeth to periodontal disease. Let’s look at how your smile can benefit from laser treatment.
Try Our Quiz on Laser Dentistry
- True or False: We can improve gum health.
- True or False: Dental lasers can brighten smiles.
- True or False: We can lengthen your crowns.
- True or False: Lasers can offer gum contouring.
- True. Gum disease and gingivitis occur when the gum tissue become inflamed. To help reverse gingivitis or manage gum disease, we can use the lasers to remove harmful bacteria, reducing the severity of inflammation. For more severe cases, we can also use the technology to remove infected gum tissue.
- True. We can combine the advanced technology with a powerful bleaching agent to break up and remove discoloration in just one visit. Often, patients can leave with smiles brightened by multiple shades.
- True. In order to repair a damaged or decayed tooth, we may need to expose more of the tooth structure. The lasers allow us to remove gum tissue and lengthen the crowns, enabling the team to better repair and restore the tooth.
- True. Patients with a gummy smile, in which excess gum tissue makes the teeth appear small or uneven, may benefit from a gingivectomy, also known as gum contouring. The dental laser can safely and comfortably remove excess tissue and allow the dentist to reshape the gum line as needed. As an added benefit, lasers reduce the risk of infection, bleeding, and often require little to no anesthesia when in use. If you have any questions about laser dentistry, then contact our team today.
Talk To Woodland Hills Dental Arts About Laser Dentistry
We can use BIOLASE® to help maintain the health and beauty of your smile. Schedule a consultation by calling Woodland Hills Dental Arts in Woodland Hills, CA, today at (818) 347-5124. We also proudly work with patients from Thousand Oaks, Westlake, Encino, Sherman Oaks, and all other surrounding areas.