If you’re planning on receiving dental implants, you are going to want to brush up on the important terms first. Why? Can’t you just follow along and do your best with context clues? Well, when it comes to this advanced option for tooth replacement, some of the jargon is equally advanced! By committing just a few vocab words to mind ahead of time, you are setting yourself up nicely for easy research and a much more streamlined experience. Trust us! Let’s see how much you know so far with our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Osseointegration is a term we use to describe the process your implant post and your jaw tissue undergo as they bond. Osseo is in reference to the bone tissue and integration is in reference to the joining of two entities into one.
- True or False: A restoration is simply the prosthetic tooth (or teeth) device that we place on top of your implant (or implants) to replace the part of your smile that rests above your gumline.
- True or False: A dental implant is a term that refers to the entire replacement, from the post to the crown (or other device).
- True. After the placement of your dental implant, success relies on the process we call osseointegration. Over the course of a few months or so, the titanium implant post will fuse with your jawbone tissue.
- True. When we talk about your restoration or “restoring” your implant, we’re talking about placing the tooth replacement (the visible part) on top of your implant.
- False. You may hear this term used to describe your entire tooth replacement. However, the implant is only the post that is placed within your jawbone and gum tissue to replace the missing roots of your tooth.
Receive A Thorough Implant Education
Get started on your journey toward replacing missing teeth with dental implants by receiving the details you need with a visit to our practice. Schedule a visit in Woodland Hills, CA, today at by calling Woodland Hills Dental Arts at (818) 347-5124? We also proudly welcome patients from Thousand Oaks, Westlake, Encino, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.